Wednesday, September 7, 2011

                                                                                             Under Wraps, Point Richmond, CA

Point Richmond, an end of the line railroad town in the wealthy San Francisco Bay. It was midday bright (12pm), enough lumens for the camera to purr. I walked up one of the winding, hilly roads that make Point Richmond so enduring to the eye. At the curve of the road high above a sewage farm below sat what you see. A uniquely American vision I think - the car, the house, the street. Williams Egglestone's work comes to mind. And all the images I grew up with far away in England. I think it was around this time that I began to process images in a different way. I call it cfab. A non HDR (for I dislike the effect) way of processing an image to boost colours and contrasts. The result looks akin to pictorialism I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment